Explore available volunteer opportunities below.
Barter utilizes volunteer ushers at every performance. Volunteer ushers must agree to usher a minimum of two performances a month, and may choose to usher as many as they wish.
Usher duties include:
- Arrive 60 minutes prior to curtain
- Greet patrons and make them feel welcome
- Show patrons to their seats and distribute programs
- Answer questions about Barter Theatre and Abingdon
- Scan tickets
- Help to ensure the safety of the audience inside the theatre
Barter utilizes volunteers to distribute posters for each season (spring, summer, fall, and holiday). Poster distributers may volunteer as few or as many times as they wish.
Poster distributor duties include:
- Picking up supplies at Gilliam Stage
- Signing up for postering area
- Transportation to postering area
- Distributing posters in accordance with postering best practices
Occasionally Barter undergoes campaigns that require basic administrative support. Administrative volunteers are needed on a case by case basis.
Administrative volunteer duties may include:
- Stuffing envelopes
- Addressing envelopes
- Writing note cards
- Data entry
Barter utilizes volunteers to aid in the execution of special events. Event volunteer duties may include:
- Set up and tear down
- Transportation of materials